About Greensky Games
Greensky Games build the kind of VR games we believe will define the platform: intense, physical, flow-state inducing.
Our first title, SWARM, is the #1-rated Action title on the Quest:
We’re working on our next game and looking for great developers and artists that share our passion for building original and outstanding VR gameplay experiences.
Attention all VFX Wizards and Visual Magic Makers! Are you ready to unleash your creative powers on some truly epic productions, bringing virtual worlds to life? Well, get ready to cast your spell, because we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you!
Greensky Games is seeking a talented and imaginative VFX Artist to join our team of creative sorcerers. We’re looking for someone who can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary and elevate our game productions to new heights.
We are a small indie studio; no minions here! Every member of our team plays an integral part of the production, shaping the creation of the game from the very beginning. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a team of like-minded creative experience makers, collaborating to bring the vision of the game to life. Unleash your potential and make your mark in the industry by joining us on this exciting journey.
- Greensky Games is a work-from-home studio and will always support that option
- Annual team offsite, somewhere warm
- Competitive salaries
- 5 weeks paid vacation, and we observe all major holidays
- Extensive healthcare benefits package covering dental care, prescriptions, and more for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and children
- The annual base pay range for this role is between $80,000.00 and $120,000.00 CAD + benefits, + profit-sharing.
Call of Duties:
- Collaborate with the Art Director, Creative Team, and Engineers to create visual effects that match support gameplay systems and environmental storytelling, ranging from stylized real world effects like weather, fire, smoke etc, to UI, etc.
- Ability to take art direction with or without concept art, maintain a given style across a variety of assets, and to expand that style to fit the requirements of new assets
- Handle all aspects of the VFX pipeline, which includes creating content from pre-visualization concepts to final polished assets in game
- Recognizing what VFX are needed, early in prototyping stage and supporting pre-production with VFX previsualization and prototype VFX
- Designing, creating and integrating VFX from start to finish
- Rendering animated loopable and/or tileable textures
- Working closely with animators and designers to develop and integrate gameplay VFX
- Set dressing of environments and cinematics with VFX
- Testing, debugging, solving problems and fixing bugs
- Performance testing and optimizing VFX for different platforms
- Provide schedule estimates for asset production
- Finding and addressing bottlenecks in the VFX production pipeline, assessing tools needs and finding better workflows.
- Oversee optimization and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers
If you don’t meet all of the qualifications, but you’re convinced you can do this job, WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU, PLEASE APPLY. We’ve just written these qualifications as a guideline, we don’t require college degrees and welcome people who’ve had non-linear career paths. Just include a few short sentences (less than 5) about why you’d be a good fit, and apply with the email at the bottom of this JD.
- Strong Demo reel / portfolio demonstrating high level of visual artistry
- Ability to create diverse, detailed and visually appealing VFX
- Expert knowledge of Unity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, independent, and has proven ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to new processes and pipelines
- Excellent sense of scale and composition/framing
- Ability to adhere to a cohesive aesthetic as set forth by the Art Director
- Understanding of rendering techniques, real-time shaders and lighting
- Knowledge of environment asset creation, scene construction and lighting
- Ability to create high quality animated, tileable and loopable textures
- Proficiency in generating assets in Modo, 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini and/or similar software for use in fx
- Understanding of performance optimization and technical limitations
- Works in an organized and timely fashion
- Good time management skills and efficient development processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with VR or VR tools
- Passion for VR games
- Experience working at an indie studio
- Passion for gaming
- Interest in new VFX technologies – real-time and offline rendering
- Experience with both rapid prototyping and shipping highly polished experiences
- Keeps up to date on new tech and industry trends
- Working knowledge of industry leading 3D modelling packages
- At least 1 shipped AAA title in the Sr. VFX Artist Position
- 3 +years game industry experience
- You arrived at platform 9 3/4
Ready to go back to the future?
You have a hunger for gaming and a thirst for creating that needs to be fulfilled. You want to work with our unique and quirky team creating groundbreaking games. You are a problem-solver at heart with a verve for bringing creative projects to life.
At Greensky Games, we believe in operating with integrity, treating all individuals with dignity and respect, and fostering a culture of growth and excellence. As a company, we value transparency and make it a priority to always choose what is right over what is easy. We are committed to building a workplace that supports diversity and inclusivity and we do not discriminate on the basis of anything.
We welcome you to be a part of our mission as we create the next wave in gaming experiences. Together we will strive not only to win but to grow as individuals and as a team. Join us and embark on a journey of growth, learning, and exciting new challenges.
For the right candidates within Canada, we may offer to cover relocation expenses.