Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams. Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.
At Taskrabbit, we want to transform lives one task at a time. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the US and EU
- 5-time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best Benefits
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Role:
At a point of major inflection and scale, Taskrabbit is looking for a VP of Product to come on as the leader behind the product vision, strategy, and execution. This executive will be responsible for attracting and retaining high-caliber talent in multiple functions including product management, product design, product operations, and product strategy with a hyper-focus on innovation and rapid iteration. As a strategic partner to the CEO, the VP of Product will define, embody, and empower the company’s product culture, growing the next iteration of marketplaces. Taskrabbit is seeking a visionary product leader who can scale, motivate high-output teams, and cultivate a creative and passionate culture.
In addition, Taskrabbit has recently launched a new business and the VP of Product will be responsible for leading the product side of this venture. This will include managing a broader team including product and design to ensure product market fit and ability to scale the new business.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
What You’ll Work On:
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and delivery
- Continue to create and innovate a best in class product for the freelance labor market
- Define and own product vision for the next five years; be excited about shaping the future of work
- Leverage the momentum of the most successful year to date to create career-defining growth opportunities for your team
- Drive and oversee product design, strategy, and operations to achieve the vision of the business at large
- Oversee and implement strong metrics around product launches and interactions on product feature
- Help shape and define the product team’s methodology while leveraging product and industry best practices
- Apply marketplace experience and insight to find solutions to complex business opportunities, including those several years out
- Continuously inspire, mentor, and scale the product team while motivating product managers to deliver high-quality work
- Lead with a high velocity of output, encouraging team members to take ownership and strive to identify new opportunities
- Attract and retain a diverse, high caliber, output-oriented team
Your Areas of Expertise:
- Visionary with a strong desire to lead, learn, implement and adapt
- Has led the organizational development and rapid growth of product functions; strong ability to identify, hire, inspire, and scale a world-class product team, particularly in a marketplace environment
- Experience working across multiple functions and business units in collaboration with leadership across the organization
- Proven ability to maximize velocity and productivity of the team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage, mentor, and motivate a team
- An extremely smart and dynamic individual with outstanding communication
- Track record of launching and building high-growth platforms
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with engineering to contribute to the product roadmap
- Experience working in a high-growth marketplace business
- Analytical problem solver with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent ability to organize, synthesize, and present information
- Demonstrated quick thinking and agility
- Strong influencer and relationship builder with internal and external leadership
What You’ve Done:
- Deep marketplace experience building consumer experiences on web and mobile
- 10-15+ years experience as a manager of managers
- Has successfully led teams of 20+
- Success in leading in uncertain and fast-growing environments with limited resources and pre-established processes
- Growth minded with bold personal, team, and business goals stemming from first-principal thinking
- Experience executing on both long term and short term goals
- Success leading and building teams in marketplace platforms
- Have built high performing teams by mentoring, developing, and balancing retention with attracting new talent
- Strong communicator with the ability to clearly and effectively articulate a common vision
- Ability to identify and execute on opportunities exposed by evolving technology
- A hands-on approach with expertise building high traffic consumer products
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a Remote-First Company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action.
- The Diverse Culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average.
- The Perks. Taskrabbit offers employer-paid health insurance, 401k match with immediate vesting, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more.
Taskrabbit’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
An Active Commitment to Equity within our Company and Platform.
We are an inclusive community where all who share our mission and values belong. Our anti-racist culture actively strengthens the knowledge, understanding, and awareness of underrepresented experiences and our ongoing allyship commitment. Our diverse team represents the communities we serve, breaking down systemic barriers, and transforming lives- one action at a time.
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.