Oddball believes that the best products are built when companies understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are hiring a Vice President of Operations, Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (VP of Ops, CMS) to work on a pivotal Federal program that is making a positive impact on millions of Americans’ daily lives. The VP of Ops, CMS is a senior executive position responsible for overseeing the operational functions of Oddball’s CMS business unit. The VP of Ops, CMS will play a critical role in driving operational efficiency, ensuring customer satisfaction, growing our CMS footprint, optimizing processes, and overseeing the smooth execution of business operations to meet organizational goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the CMS business unit, ensuring effective utilization of resources, efficient workflow, and adherence to quality standards.
- Act as a liaison and trusted partner to our CMS customer to provide them industry thought leadership, a voice, and understand their goals/objectives to ensure the success of our program teams
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the Program Management team, fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability, professional growth and continuous improvement.
- Working with Program Managers to provide guidance and ensure programs are exceeding expected value to our clients and meeting contracted goals/objectives as needed
- Set clear objectives, provide performance feedback, and support professional development to build a high-performing operations department.
- Collaborate with the Oddball executive team to develop and implement operational strategies that align with the company’s overall objectives
- Cultivating and effectively managing relationships with both our government and industry partners
- Identify opportunities for improvement and growth in operational processes and performance.
- Working with the Growth team to position Oddball for future initiatives and assist with responding to proposals.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to evaluate operational performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Continuously assess operational processes, identify bottlenecks, and implement process improvement initiatives to enhance efficiency, reduce costs, and increase productivity.
- Identify and mitigate operational risks, including compliance, contractual, and security concerns. Develop and implement risk management strategies and contingency plans to minimize disruptions and ensure business continuity.
- Collaborate with the finance department to develop and manage the operations budget, ensuring cost control, resource allocation, and financial efficiency.
- Monitor and analyze financial reports to make informed decisions and achieve anticipated profitability.
- Positively representing Oddball in customer meetings and at industry events
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of experience working as a federal government contractor and possess a consultant mindset
- Experience managing large, successful government programs that include multiple subcontractor companies, totaling at least 50 FTEs
- Possess in-depth understanding of govcon market trends, and best practices related to operations management
- Familiarity with relevant government regulations, compliance standards, government contract management and quality management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in driving operational excellence and achieving business objectives.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams, as well as the ability to effectively have difficult conversations when necessary.
- Proven track record of building and developing high-performing teams and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, to interact with stakeholders at all levels. Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence decision-making processes, as well as the ability to communicate with the customer to influence and drive change.
- Strong organizational agility and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Demonstrated resilience in managing complex challenges and delivering results under pressure.
- Experience working on responding to government proposals as well as have demonstrated success organically growing programs during program execution
- Must be a US Citizen and able to work domestically
- Must be able to attain low-level security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (masters preferred)
- Fully remote
- Tech & Education Stipend
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Match 401(k) plan
- Flexible PTO, Paid Holidays
Oddball is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact an Oddball HR representative to request such an accommodation by emailing [email protected]
At Oddball, it’s important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
United States Wage Range: $180,000 – $230,000