We are a closely-held web and mobile application development firm and we are looking for a driven WordPress Developer. Are you experienced and current in your WordPress, plugin and layout skills? Do you have depth in Responsive Web Design and design principles? Looking for a no-politics zone to do your best work? Mercury is the place for you!
The WordPress developer will be engaged in a range of web design and development projects including:
- Design and develop websites using WordPress, popular plugins and custom post types
- Implement Responsive Web Design layouts for high fidelity rendering on phone, tablet and desktop
- Participate in interface design, layout work and UX optimization
Skills & Requirements
Mercury’s front end and WordPress developers possess strong skills in the above technologies and just as important front-end design patterns, common interface frameworks and testing. A passion for web standards and modern interface frameworks is also pretty darn important.
At Mercury you will:
- Live and thrive in WordPress, browser tools and website construction in general
- Design web page layouts, icons and supporting graphical elements
- Build modular and reusable WordPress themes/plugins, functions and custom post types
- Deploy solutions to the cloud including WPEngine, Azure and AWS
Proficiency and comfort with Agile methods will be a major plus for this position.
- Graphic design and UX skills
- Experience with third party APIs from leading SaaS solutions (Salesforce, Facebook, payment processing, etc.)
- Ability to learn and/or experience with whatever new CMSes come down the pike (Gatsby, Prismic, etc.)
How to Know If You’re A Fit
If any of the following excites you, we definitely want to talk to you!
- Matt Mullenweg
- Smashing Magazine
- The WordPress.com Blog
- Shop Talk Show
This Is A Remote-Friendly Position
Mercury is a distributed workforce with developers and designers located throughout the United States. We are open to applicants located anywhere in the continental United States (we fine all team members being within 3 time zones of each other best for collaboration) and also Tampa-based developers.
We are a Florida-based group of talented designers and developers devoid of heavy corporate structures, approval processes and tight boundaries. Noted by our clients as giving that little extra that truly sets us apart, we seek to build sustained, successful relationships, ship customized solutions and deliver strategic counsel and zealous service. mercuryworks.com
About H1B Visas and Recruiters
At this time we are not considering the sponsorship of H1B candidates. Also, no recruiters. Definitely; please no recruiters. None. No matter how good you think your candidate is.