Full Job Description
Job ID: 2114308-FLEXWORK-MT
Location: FLEXWORK , MT , US
Date Posted: 2021-09-23
Subcategory: Game Development Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
The world has changed. The Digital Transformation is proving to be more profound than most people expected and SAIC is there, building the new future with XR technologies such as VR, AR and Mixed Reality. We are growing our team of seasoned XR and Serious Games Developers and are looking for outstanding candidates well versed in the tools of virtual world-building.
This is an optionally remote position with physical offices in Seattle, Huntsville, and Orlando. In this role, you will collaborate with highly skilled team members around the country to develop games, systems and applications for Defense, Aerospace, Healthcare and Manufacturing.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Skillfully collaborate and communicate with cross-disciplinary team members and customers, both internal and external to determine requirements and arrive at solutions.
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, well-documented and maintainable C# code for the Unity game engine.
- Fix bugs, test, profile and optimize code.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Peer review technical designs with other software engineers.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
- Identify technical challenges and generate solutions to overcome obstacles.
- Direct and take responsibility for your own efforts, both independently and in coordination with other team members who may be remote.
- Bachelors and 5 years of experience; Masters and 3 years of experience; PhD and 0 years of experience; Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated skill and experience with the Unity game engine.
- Strong C# programming skills.
- A passion for making and playing games, particularly Serious Games.
- Work well in a cooperative environment.
- One or more shipped products, especially PC or tablet products.
- Extensive experience with Git, Perforce, Plastic, or other source control systems.
- Agile development experience.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance.
- XR (and preferably OpenXR) development experience.
- Serious Games development experience.
- Unity editor customization experience.
- C++ programming skills.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or 5.
- UI/UX design or development experience.
- Experience in game physics programming and 3D math.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC’s vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one’s vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $95,001 – $105,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner’s ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.